Sunday, November 8, 2009

Classroom update #2

This week in class, my students and I revisited the pre-assessment and discussed the appropriate way to introduce yourself, proper eye contact, and personal boundaries. I also introduced the "Smile and Wave" technique. I first explained to the students what this technique consisted of and why it is important to use and remember. After the introduction of this technique, I showed the "Smile and Wave" video. Now that the technique has been introduced, I will evaluate for a couple of weeks to see if my students actually use it.

3 comments:

  1. Neat- I like that you used the video- I will be eager to see if they use this technique over the net couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think using the pre-assessment was a really good idea. Revisiting it is even better! Way to use good teaching strategies. How have your students responded so far? Did they respond positively to the video and the idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were the students perceptive to the idea? I can't wait to see your video to see how they are doing!

    ReplyDelete